Water Data for the Nation
Current Known problems being worked on
- Water Data Summary (WYS) report option not in drop down menu
- This has been resolved. A server was taken down without our knowledge that we use for detecting reports before WY2006
- Short term we have restored a version from 10/24/2014.
- Long term solution being analyzed.
- Using IE7 Pro Add on for IE 7
- Symptom: Tab-delimited (RDB) files can not be downloaded if you are using the full IE7 Pro (professional tools) add-on.
- Workaround: If you are getting a non-data *.htm file from the selection criteria page then you will need to disable the "Mini Download Manager" in Pro-tools. To disable, from I.E. 7 tools > Pro preference > Module. Uncheck Mini Download Manager and restart Internet Explorer. It is likely that IE 8 Pro-tools will cause a similar problem.
- Using IE on Current Condition pages
- Symptom: The "Group Table by" functionality on current conditions pages should be left justified; but is centered when using IE.
- Workaround: Use Firefox or Chrome as a browser.
- Requests for large pages of data with embedded graphs and IE8
- Workaround: Use a more modern version of IE or another browser.
- Using the list of sites from a file option from waterdata.usgs.gov , no image graphs, rdb or html are produced when requesting greater than 120 days.
- Symptom: After being redirected to server that has the complete Instantaneous Values record (ie > 120 days of record), the file can not be found and the user is sent back to search page without warning.
- Workaround: Start the query with the file of sites on nwis.waterdata.usgs.gov and no redirection will need to occur.