April 14, 2014
System upgrade completed April 14, 2014
USGS Water Services (waterservices.usgs.gov)
- New statistics web service! A new beta statistics web service is available that provides daily, monthly and annual statistics, similar to what is available on the USGS Water Data for the Nation site. Data can be downloaded in a tab-delimited format with more options to come. See the service description or try out the service test tool.
- WaterML2 support. The instantaneous values, daily values and groundwater levels services now support a new output format: WaterML2, which is now an OpenGeospatial Consortium standard. WaterML 1.1 is still the default format for these services.
- The site web service now outputs the hydrologic unit code (huc_cd) by default (PR 30742).
- Service example on home page has been enhanced to allow you to specify a parameter as well as a site number. A bug that was not allowing entry of different site numbers was fixed. The "find sites" now points to the newest correct URL for the NWIS mapper.
- Product showcase has additional featured products. Some apps were withdrawn and were removed.
- FAQ contains common questions about the new statistics service.
- New contact us link on the menu provides a form for sending us email about our water services. All contact us links now direct requests through the USGS Answers system.
Water Data for the Nation (waterdata.usgs.gov)
- Daily value retrievals starting prior to 1/1/1851 failed to retrieve any data for the entire period. (PR 26825)
- State-based aggregated water use data, outputted as tab-delimited (RDB) data, now includes the county names and category names in the comments, rather than the codes. (PR 30605)
- Instantaneous data availability link now points to the correct page when data is retrieved from nwis.waterdata.usgs.gov. (PR 30665)
- Tab-delimited (RDB) output for groundwater levels now includes site type cd (site_tp_cd). (PR 28372)
- A more prominent "X" symbol appears on time-series graphs. The "X" indicates the time when a site went down for maintenance. (PR 30645)
- Groundwater level graphs will now show larger symbols when there are no lines on the graph and few measurements. (PR 29911)
- If a gage is ice affected, the most recent value is no longer shown if the measurement is marked as ice affected. (PR 30720)
- The following real-time parameters were enabled for selection: (PR 30690, 30820, 30866, 30787 and 30969)
- 32319 Phycocyanins (cyanobacteria), water, in situ, fluorometric method, excitation at 590 +-15 nm, emission at 685 +-20 nm, micrograms per liter ug/l
- 32320 Chlorophylls, water, in situ, fluorometric method, excitation at 470 +-15 nm, emission at 685 +-20 nm, relative fluorescence units (RFU)
- 32321 Phycocyanins (cyanobacteria), water, in situ, fluorometric method, excitation at 590 +-15 nm, emission at 685 +-20 nm, relative fluorescence units (RFU)
- 99064 Water surface elevation difference between two locations, feet
- 32293 UV fluorescence, water, in situ, single band, 370 nm excitation, 470 nm emission, relative fluorescence units
- 72192 (Precipitation, cumul)
- 99229 Information Temperature #1, Aquatrak, air temperature of the upper sounding well, degrees Celsius
- 99230 Information Temperature #2, Aquatrak, air temperature of the bottom sounding well, degrees Celsius
Mobile USGS Water Data for the Nation (m.waterdata.usgs.gov)
- Better accessibility support. Rather than see a graph, the user can select a link that shows them the data in a table on the USGS Water Data for the Nation site. (PR 30162)
Help System (help.waterdata.usgs.gov)
- There are three new reference lists added: altitude accuracy, altitude method and data reliability. (PR 30616)
- Subscription link corrected. (PR 30806)